This is a context issue: your tiddler#1 acts as a TemplateTiddler, and the
tiddler to which the transclusion of the source field is applied is in fact
the current tiddler, ie. the tiddler containing the tabs in your example
(you can verify that by adding a field "sources" to your tabs tiddler).

You should use one of these syntax for your transclusion with explicit
tiddler title:

{{Tiddler1!!sources}}

or

<$tiddler tiddler="Tiddler1"><$transclude field="sources"/></$tiddler>