On Monday, March 3, 2014 9:20:56 PM UTC+1, Timothy Groves wrote:

> Some friends of mine and I are writing a program that outputs a metric
> crapton of text, and we stumbled across TiddlyWiki whilst looking for an
> easy way to store and view the data.  It seems perfect, except for one tiny
> detail:  creating the file.  To clarify, we are talking literally millions
> of wiki entries at once - somewhere in the neighbourhood of fifty to one
> hundred and fifty million entries per run.  Clearly, we don't want to
> manually import.

Hi Timothy,
If you get 150'000'000 entries per run, it seems, you are used to big
numbers and big data files. .. But imo if you want to load your data into a
single page app and load it with a browser, you'll blow it up :)

One skinny / almost empty tiddler needs: about 100byte
eg:

created: 20140303201725123
title: aTiddlerTitleComesHere
text: your values comes here

so multiplying it with 150mio entries is 1.5 GByte ... You don't want to
load that at once into the browser, in a format, that stores it's chunks of
data in the DOM. Also searching, displaying a tiddler will be very very
slow. There is no database index, that makes searching fast. Worst case
you'll need O(n) * time ... to open a single tiddler. Basically ever single
click, that causes the display to change may need this time.

How does your data look like?
Is your data kind of sorted?
Why don't you use a database to store your data?

-mario