While trying to display the overridden shadows tiddler by copying the
filter in the ControlPanel's counter, I got no result althought I had
modified $:/SiteTitle, $:/SiteSubtitle and $:/DefaultTiddlers.
After some tests, it appears that this filter "[!is[system]is[shadow]]"
only selects the GettingStarted tiddler if it has been modified (as it is
in fact the only non-system shadow tiddler)... so the result can only be 0
or 1.

If the objective is to count the total number of overridden shadow
tiddlers, I think the filter "[!is[system]is[shadow]]
[is[system]is[shadow]]" would be better: it also selects the system
tiddlers which are shadow tiddlers too, for example the modified
$:/SiteTitle... or a modified $:/core/ui/PageMacros.

I've also noticed that "[is[shadow]is[system]]" is not the same as
"[is[system]is[shadow]]", and it is logical:
- the first selects all the shadow tiddlers, and among them the system
tiddlers, so the results are all the shadow tiddlers beginning with $:/ (ie
all except GettingStarted)
- the second selects all the (existing) system tiddlers, and among them the
shadow tiddlers, so the results are only the overridden shadow system
tiddlers (ie all overridden shadow tiddler except GettingStarted)