Hi Jeremy,

Although there are more important things, it is intriguing and I could not
resist in digging a little bit deeper ;)

To investigate it further, I tested with different devices (PCs, iPad,
Nexus 7) , OSes (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android), and browsers at my disposal.
For a complete 'test story' see [1] (Latest news > Problems with tag pills).

Summary of the results:

1) The problem started with TW5.0.8-beta; TW5.0.7-beta did behave in all
cases as expected.
2) Webkit based browsers (Chrome, Opera, Safari) do show this strange
behaviour in combination with TW5.0.8-beta.
3) Although the tag pills are 'clickable' with Internet Explorer, there is
no 'normal' behaviour in combination with TW5.0.8-beta:
    a) Dependent on the (place of) the clicked tag, going to 1 or 2 column
mode
    b) Dependent on the (place of) the tag clicked, the dropdown list is
broken in 2 or 3 parts.

So TW5.0.8 affects all web-kit based browsers, but also Internet Explorer
(although this seems a different problem).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ton

[1] http://tongerner.tiddlyspot.com/