Hi Paul,

The signed jar indeed does save in Chrome. (on Firefox I use TiddlyFox). So
probably it will work on a Chromebook as well, which is great news.

However I don't get the standard backup behavior using TWC 2.8.1. The file
is saved, but NO backup of the previous version is made.

Hope this is enough info. If not, ask away.

Cheers,

Andrew

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM, PVHL <pvhl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys.
>
> I managed to save changes in TWs by installing a plugin called User-Agent
>> Switcher<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg>.
>> Basically it can make Chrome behave as Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE and a few
>> more.
>>
>> And it works... The post I found this in, was actually about Chrome OS, so,
>> since it works on Chrome browser, it should also work on Chromebooks,
>>

> The current TiddlySaver should work everywhere without any assistance.
> It was announced in this
> forum<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/TiddlyWiki/iiVIzWMCKgQ>but is
> not yet included in the TWC download as we were trying to make sure
> everything works before committing. As far as I know it works everywhere
> and in all TWC versions using all Java versions except update 45 (which can
> use the unsigned jar included in the announcement). The single reported
> problem does not appear to be TiddlySaver related.
>
> If the current TiddlySaver DOESN'T work for your setup but changing the
> user-agent makes it work then there is a bug in TWC that needs to be fixed,
> so please do try out the current TiddlySaver and report back.
>
> The
> announcement<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/TiddlyWiki/iiVIzWMCKgQ>
> contains
> more information and links to the jar.
>
> It would be very helpful if anyone who has experienced troubles with
> TiddlySaver in recent years would try out the new version and report back.
> Then we can get it into the official release. Thanks.
>
> BTW, default behaviour with the lastest TWC (2.8.1) -- at least on my
> system -- is for a backup with the current date to be saved and the
> original filename to be overwritten with current content. This behaviour is
> controlled in 'Options' using the 'SaveBackups' option.
>
> Cheers, Paul.
>
> --

*Books* by *Andrew Ashling*
*For Kindle edition on Amazon click the thumbnails *
Website: *Ximerion* <http://www.ximerion.com/> - New Releases Newsletter:
subscribe *here <http://www.ximerion.com/nrn-em>*
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A8ZVRA?ie=UTF8&tag=ximerion-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004A8ZVRA>
<http://www.amazon.com/Just-Dont-Mess-Us-ebook/dp/B004YWKA1O?tag=ximerion-20>
<http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Chains-Randamor-Recluse-ebook/dp/B004ISLQYO?tag=ximerion-20>
<http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Chains-Randamor-Recluse-ebook/dp/B00513MMW0?tag=ximerion-20>
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FInvisible-Chains-Randamor-Recluse-ebook%2Fdp%2FB0058OIY4W%3Fs%3Ddigital-text%26ie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1309390478%26sr%3D1-1&tag=ximerion-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325%22>
<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VN92WG?tag=ximerion-20>