When I follow the instructions above, I do get an index.html file, but
opening (on my computer) gives me this

My TiddlyWiki
a non-linear personal web notebook

…<file:///Users/andrewdlister/Dropbox/Notes/POLS250Export/index.html#%24%3A%2FAdvancedSearch>

Open Recent Tools More

×
GettingStarted<file:///Users/andrewdlister/Dropbox/Notes/POLS250Export/index.html#GettingStarted>

close all

 GettingStarted
<file:///Users/andrewdlister/Dropbox/Notes/POLS250Export/index.html#>

Welcome to
TiddlyWiki<file:///Users/andrewdlister/Dropbox/Notes/POLS250Export/index.html#TiddlyWiki>,

the non-linear personal web notebook.

To get started, first verify that you can save changes successfully - see
http://tiddlywiki.com/ for detailed instructions.

Then you can:

   - Create new tiddlers using the 'plus' button in the sidebar
   - Visit the control
panel<file:///Users/andrewdlister/Dropbox/Notes/POLS250Export/index.html#%24%3A%2FControlPanel>
 using
   the 'cog' button in the sidebar to customise your wiki
      - Stop this message appearing by changing the default tiddlers under
      the *Basics* tab
   - Save changes using the 'download' button in the sidebar
   - Learn more about WikiText <http://tiddlywiki.com/static/WikiText.html>