On Friday, May 16, 2014 1:16:25 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/337
>
> uups, I did forget about this one :)

I did some experiments and had a look at the CamelCase definition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelCase, wich at the end may be *different
to the WikiLink* definition.

CamelCase basically says:

 - If you combine 2 or more words and start every word with an upercase
letter you get a CamelCase word.
 - There is no other rule

So at the moment:
a) TiddlyWiki is a CamelCase word and a WikiLink

b) TIDdlyWiki is _no_ CamelCase word but it is a WikiLink.

c) Because minus "-", underline "_" and numbers "0-9" are treated as
lowercase letters all of the following combinations produce WikiLinks. None
of them is a CamelCase word.
   - ASDF-ASDF
   - Asdf-Asdf
   - Asdf_Asdf
   - S01E04

I suggest, that the default WikiLink creation should be more strict.
 - So *only* CamelCase words, like in a),  should create automatic
WikiLinks.
 - b) and c) ... should not create wiki links.

At the github issue [2] there have been 3 voices against automatic wiki
linking at all.

- I think if a user wirtes "prose" text, there will be very view CamelCase
words. So switching it off by default imo is not needed. .. TiddlyWiki
should be a Wiki!
  - Most of the cases will be company or product names. see [1]
  - So avoiding wiki links, a user can avoid to write camel case words,
which should be easy.
  - If it can't be avoided, because it's a name eg: TiddlyWiki users should
use the tilde (~TiddlyWiki) to avoid automatic linking.

What do others think?

have fun!
mario

[1]