Hi Kurt

Good question. You've got a couple of options:

* Instead of using .txt files, give them the .tid extension (if your editor
allows it). Tid files let you specify tags and other fields as well as the
content of tiddlers - see http://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlerFiles for more
details
* Use the JS console to bulk convert the type field of tiddlers to
text/vnd.tiddlywiki

Let me know how the first option goes, and I'll work up the bulk change
code if you need it,

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Kurt Whittemore <kurtwhittem...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> How can I import text files so that they are automatically recognized in
> the TiddlyWiki format.  I know I can drag and drop text files into
> TiddlyWiki.  However, if I have double brackets around a word, the word is
> not recognized as a link.  I can manually change the file type to the
> TiddlyWiki format, and then the double quotes are recognized as a link.
> However, how can I set things up so that when I import a collection of text
> files into TiddlyWiki they are automatically recognized in the TiddlyWiki
> format?
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy.rus...@gmail.com