Thanks for that.  I had already gone through the link you've posted - and I
appreciate the variety of ways to express metadata - but I suppose I just
want one more ... But just to be clear, there's no way in TW5 to 'extend'
the list of file extensions so they'd be interpreted as a .tid file?

Thanks, Rich