I'm pretty happy with the way it builds, so I hosted in my website public
files director and put a link to it on http://pettil.tumblr.com so people
could just click and read the fine manual.  Now this:

syncer-browser - 14:17:50 23 6 2014

XMLHttpRequest <http://chitselb.com/files/tiddlypettil.html#XMLHttpRequest>
error code: 404

It's not really necessary for this instance of the wiki to be editable,
just viewable.  Anyone who's really interested in the project could go get
the real one from the github and add their own notes, etc... I'm pretty
sure that what I want to do is

a) get in there and rip out any auth/login stuff from the $:/core, probably
by replacing the system tiddler with a trimmed-down version

b) unsupported and possibly a very bad idea.

I played with the http://tw5readonly.tiddlyspot.com/ a bit and managed to
hide the save/edit icons, but the 404 error remains.  Any hints?