On Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:42:28 AM UTC-7, whatever wrote:

> There are two settings in TW which define what text is shown when creating
> a new tiddler (or new journal):
>
> *config.views.wikified.defaultText*, which defines what is shown in the
> new tiddler when it's in edit mode
> *config.views.editor.defaultText*, which defines what is shown in the new
> uncreated tiddler when it's in view mode

You described these backward!!  "...wikified.defaultText" is for VIEW mode,
and "...editor.defaultText" is for EDIT mode.
(Note: in the [[zzConfig]] of your live demo, you got it correct... so
that's not the problem)

It normally works correctly, but in one of my wikis with TiddlyPedia theme
> (2), the config.views.wikified.defaultText option overrode the
> config.views.wikified.defaultText option for some reason. After debugging,
> I came to the conclusion that the culprit is apparently
> TiddlyPediaEditTemplate. If you disable the TiddlyPedia theme and use
> EditTemplate instead, the error disappears. What's confusing, however, is
> the fact that TiddlyPediaEditTemplate and EditTemplate are identical.

The problem is in the TWCore's Story.prototype.refreshTiddler function,
where this code occurs:

var text = template=="EditTemplate" ?
config.views.editor.defaultText.format([title]) :
config.views.wikified.defaultText.format([title]);

Since the TiddlyPedia theme doesn't use the name "EditTemplate", the
default text for editing incorrectly uses the view mode default instead.
 Fortunately, there is a fix, by changing this line:
var text = template=="EditTemplate" ?
var text = template==config.tiddlerTemplates[DEFAULT_EDIT_TEMPLATE] ?
Unfortunately, this change is difficult to patch into an existing
document's TWCore, as the whole refreshTiddler() function would need to be
overridden.  Of course, you *can* hand-edit the TWCore to make the change,
but that isn't the right way to do it.  The correct approach is for me to
make this one-line change in the official TWCore.  I am *currently* working
on building an updated TW2.8.2 core. I will open a ticket for this
one-liner, and add it to the changes for the next release, which will be in
a few weeks.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

YOUR DONATIONS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!
HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
   http://TiddlyTools.github.com/fundraising.html#MakeADonation

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
   http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact