Hi Jeremy,

even with a brand new Firefox profile (which should be perfectly blank,
without any addons or plugins), the error occurs as soon as I change the
cookie settings.
I can also reproduce the same problem on my second computer (Window 8
32bit), so it seems to be independent of the operating system as well.
Also, it happens regardless of whether TiddlyFox is installed or not.

Can't you reproduce the error at all?
The *only* special thing about my configuration that I can think of is that
I am using German language and unit formatting (for my OS and Firefox -
tiddlywiki is set to the default English language).