Hello - I've been working on a TW to help me keep track of my "to do" items,
and it makes heavy use of Udo Borkowski's FormTiddlerPlugin.  It has been
working great, and I've definitely been "eating my own dogfood" with it.

However, I'm trying to add a functionality to it and I really don't understand
the results I'm getting with it.

At this point, I have a very large number of tiddlers that are based on the
formTemplate "BasicToDoTemplate".  This template includes two fields,
"alertDate" and "offset", and three buttons, each of which has an onClick()
handler defined.  Each of them calls a function that I defined in a
systemConfig plugin, called "tiddlerOfThis", which simply returns the result of:

  store.getTiddler(story.findContainingTiddler(this).getAttribute("tiddler")));

I thought that this would basically return "whatever tiddler the button that
got clicked is on", and that it would be simple to write a procedure
"reschedule (t)" that extracts the date from "alertDate", adds a number of days
determined by "offset", then writes the new value back to "alertDate".

What actually happens, instead, as far as I can see a pattern, is:

- when the accessing of the data variables of the tiddler takes place inside a
function defined in a plugin, and the handler of the button on the tiddler does
not reference those variables, the button works, but ONLY on the formTemplate
itself.  If the button is pressed on a tiddler that is derived from that
formTemplate, it does not do anything at all in response to the click.

- when the data variables are referenced ONLY in the onClick handler itself,
the button works, but ONLY on tiddlers derived from the formTemplate.  If the
button is pressed on the formTemplate itself, it does not do anything at all in
response to the click.

The temptation is very strong to keep fiddling around and just move the code
WHEREVER it needs to go to make it work, so long as it works.  But I know the
right thing to do is to try and understand WHY it's happening this way.  Can
anyone help me out?