Hi Danielo

There is a standard variable "storyTiddler" that is set by the default
viewtemplate to the title of the tiddler in the story; you should be able
to use it to avoid your "containingTiddler" variable.

Also be aware that the {{transclusion}} syntax is actually a shorthand for
a tiddler widget containing a transclude widget. You can use the transclude
widget on it's own to transclude a tiddler without changing the current
tiddler.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Matabele <matabele.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alberto
>
> I would suggest using entirely functional and recursive code structures --
> simply writing down a list of tasks just isn't going to make the grade --
> great analogies :-)
>
> regards
>

> On Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:38:44 PM UTC+2, Alberto Molina wrote:
>>
>> @Mark, @Hans, @Albert: Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like it.
>>
>> > the only problem is that you can end up with a very long list of
>> tags...
>> Yes, but the other way around you can end up with a very long list of
>> tiddlers… I don't know what's better/worse.
>>
>> ------------
>>
>> Now I face another problem (« And more difficult still! »)
>>
>> My trick uses a "pseudo tiddler" (like: "catch the moon") that is taken
>> as the "current tiddler" by the code inside my "template tiddler" ("task"):
>>
>> {{catch the moon||task}}
>>
>> And {{catch the moon||task}} is itself inside a "real tiddler" called,
>> for instance, "HowToSeduceAGirl". With the transclusion, the current
>> tiddler changes from "HowToSeduceAGirl" to "catch the moon", and the
>> former one is lost in transclusion =)
>>
>> What I would like to achieve is not to loose the "HowToSeduceAGirl"
>> title. In other words, I would like my template tiddler knew that "catch
>> the moon" is a task of "HowToSeduceAGirl".
>>
>> Why? Because I want different ToDo lists. For example, one for each
>> course I'm teaching (about languages and philosophy, not seducing girls :)
>> . And each list would be inside a tab in my TW for Scholars. Thus, I need
>> my mechanism to write "catch the moon" as tag of the ToDo list (transcluded
>> in a tab) of my current course.
>>
>> One (bad) solution could be like that:
>>
>> <$set name="containingTiddler" value=<<currentTiddler>> > {{catch the
>> moon||task}} {{buy flowers||task}} </$set>
>>
>> But even if it works (I guess), its not a good one because it breaks the
>> simplicity of just writing down the list of tasks.
>>
>> So, any better idea is welcome.
>>
>> Alberto
>>
>  --

Jeremy Ruston