Hi Jon,
you can put the macros I defined just below the original footnote macros
from Danielo, so you can "add" them to the ones you added before.

(Where you put them depends on whether you want to use them globally in all
tiddlers in which case you would add them to the top of
$:/core/ui/PageMacros as suggested on braintest.tiddlyspot.com, or you can
put them in the top of the tiddler you want to use the macros in.)

/Andreas