I find data dictionaries very useful for storing short pieces of
information but am struggling to extract the data except in the simplest
way.  In the $list widget I can list, search & sort the indexes to a data
tiddler, then display the corresponding values, but cannot find any way of
selecting or sorting a display of dictionary entries based on the values.
Is there some way of doing this ?

Alternatively, I understand JSON is a more flexible form for data tiddlers
and have looked at the formal definition of these on json.org but I cannot
find any explanation of how you can use or display specific content from a
JSON using existing widgets, filters etc.   To take $:/HistoryList as an
example of a valid JSON structure, if I had a similar structure how would I
extract the equivalent of "title", "fromPageRect" etc and how could filters
be used on it ?

Grateful for any advice

Howard