I'm delighted to announce the release of TiddlyWiki version 5.0.17-beta:

http://tiddlywiki.com/

As with the previous release, there are some incompatible changes. However,
in this case I've taken care to support the previous behaviour with various
"deprecation warnings". See the release note for details; the summary is:

* $:/tags/Stylesheet is now used for stylesheets (for consistency with
other system tags)
* Change ButtonWidget `title` attribute to `tooltip` (for consistency with
the ImageWidget and LinkWidget)
* Removing Support for RegExp Filter Operands (because their implementation
is not consistent). There is a new "regexp" filter operator that you can
use instead

Other big changes include a major overhaul of the documentation:

* Dave Gifford has contributed a bunch of introductory material, and a new
structure for the table of contents
* Christian Heigele and Christian Jurke have contributed the kernel of a
new, separate developer documentation wiki at http://tiddlywiki.com/dev

The documentation changes are still in progress, and there are still many
loose ends.

Other changes listed in the release note:

* Disable plugins when in SafeMode
* Added new TimelineMacro
* Added new DumpVariablesMacro
* Extended TableOfContentsMacro so that individual links can be disabled
* Removed unnecessary <p> tag from edit tags and types dropdowns
* Added `multiple` attribute to the BrowseWidget
* Extended view template to hide bodies of tiddlers with field hide-body
set to yes
* Fixed problem with draft tiddlers not counting as dirty
* Fixed problem with keyboard shortcuts introduced in 5.0.16-beta
* Fixed problem with stylesheets being parsed in inline mode
* Fixed bug with selective expandable TableOfContentsMacro

As usual, I'd like to thank the contributors to this release. TiddlyWiki is
now truly a group effort, and I couldn't be more appreciative of the time
and attention of my fellow contributors.

Reply here with any comments or questions (developer related questions are
usually best posted as a new topic on the tiddlywikidev group).

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston