* Are you talking about the Windows version here? I don't think it's possible
to flatten the directory structure; it's just how node-webkit works (I'm
disappointed there isn't a way to pack a node-webkit app into a single .exe
file).

Yes, I'm talking about Windows version. What I'm asking for is possible in
Windows, it is related on how the zip is packed. What I expect after
decompressing the zip file is to have a folder containing all the needed files.

* This requests (along with things like tabbed browsing and spell checking)
does raise some interesting questions. The more we try to make TiddlyDesktop
like a "real" browser, the more work it will be, and the closer TiddlyDesktop
will become to Firefox+TiddlyFox. So the question that I need to understand is
why some people prefer TiddlyDesktop over Firefox+TiddlyFox?

Is not a matter of making tiddlyDesktop a a real browser, is just about giving
to it some useful functions. There are many reasons why I do prefer
tiddlyDesktop over Firefox :
1.  It is portable and beautiful and gives the feeling of using a dedicated
application for what I'm doing. I have several programs open on my daily basis,
and having one dedicated to one of my main tools is nice.
2. I don't have to install an overloaded, ugly, resource eater browser that I
don't like and I could not have rights to.
3. I don't have to install a plugin that could not be available in the future
(this happened in the past ) due to random decisions from mozzilla.
3. We (and with this I mean you ☺) can configure tiddlyDesktop to be what we
need.
4. Fast and easy, just open the program and all my files are there.
5. Do I mentioned that it is very cool?

* Export functionality is coming to the core and should work fine in
TiddlyDesktop.

I'm not talking about exporting. I'm talking about saving individual tiddlers
as tid files like node JS does.

Regards