Am Sonntag, 28. September 2014 21:42:47 UTC+2 schrieb Jeremy Ruston:

> I think both the issues you've raised are quite confusing and unexpected.

As I just noticed :(

> The tabs macro issue with the currentTiddler is probably a mistake: I
> think it would have been better for the tabs macro to take a "variable"
> parameter that defaults to "currentTiddler". Sadly, it's too late to change
> now. We could add the "variable" parameter, but it would have to default to
> "currentTab" for backwards compatibility.

I just made an experiment. I have several tiddlers tagged "environment".
Example names are "Production", "Test", "Demo".

Then I have several tiddlers labeled with one of those names. These
tiddlers represent "hosts" (Computers).

To get some lists, my "environment" tiddler is a template which creates a
table of all the "hosts" having a tag of the current title.

So all I need in my "Production" (and all the other) tiddler(s) is
{{||environment}} and I will get a nice table of all my production hosts.

Unfortunately, with this approack, it's not possible to get a tiddler with
tabs for each environment, as the "currentTiddler" is not set :(

Actually, there is a potential way to resolve it: we could switch to a new
> convention and reimplement the tabs macro as "tg-macro" (g === "global
> macro", to distinguish from "tm-*" which is used for messages). The new
> version could have a different default for the "variable" parameter. But I
> think ultimately that makes for even more confusion.

Yes. This sounds very confusing.