Hi Matthias

We may be able to implement an "auto-lock" for encrypted wikis, but there
are some significant potential issues:

* It's not clear what we'd have to do to implement the "lock" securely,
without leaving the clear text in the browser memory. (The obvious approach
of causing the page to refresh could be defeated by a user using the
browser "back" button).
* It's not clear what we'd do if there were outstanding unsaved changes
when the auto-lock kicks in.

An alternative would be to set the PC up with a password-protected
screensaver, which avoids both those issues.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Monday, October 6, 2014 7:33:26 AM UTC+2, Matthias Gruenewald wrote:
>>
>> I'm using TW classic for years now. It is the best productivity tool! Now
>> I would like to switch to TW5. I really like the new option to encrypt all
>> tiddlers. But sometimes I leave the wiki open when going away from my PC at
>> work. It would be great if there would be an option to automatically lock
>> the wiki after a period of no-activity.
>>

> The TiddlyWiki is unlocked when you load the TW file into the browser
> memory. So you have plain text in memory. You'd need to close the tab, to
> remove your TW from the browsers view. May be the browser removes your TW
> code and cleans up the memory.
>

>> I tried to implement a plugin by using the javascript from this page:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/667555/detecting-
>> idle-time-in-javascript-elegantly
>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fstackoverflow.com%2Fquestions%2F667555%2Fdetecting-idle-time-in-javascript-elegantly&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNERK96dxn_Hxg39F9h2WXTleFtIdQ>.
>> But it seems that some document references are not accessible from a
>> tiddler's javascript code (e.g., $document). Any idea how to solve this?
>>

> This code expects jQuery to be part of the html file. TW doesn't use
> jQuery.
>
> -mario
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston