I'm wishin, that like the operating system creates shortcuts, draggin the
favicon from the address bar into an open tiddler would create a tiddler with
the address in the _canonical_uri field, title in my subtitle field and content
field, and zTXt chunk the contents of any text from the page and tag it with
the name of the tiddler that I dragged it into. Maybe that could be a really
cool pluggin.

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G TouchBlake Blacksmith <blakeblacksm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Sorry if I was unclear but I do not support the idea of importing files
directly into an html file such as TiddlyWiki since this will cause slow down
and a loss of file mobility. My request for a link import was based on linking
to relative files and folders.

One point to note is that you'll get different behaviour if you drag the link
into the text editor within a tiddler you are editing ... We could indeed tweak
it to be a relative link if possible.

I think this would vastly improve the process of including files in TW.

By the way, when I drag a file into the text region of a Tiddler during editing
I get redirected by my browser to the file (using most recent Chrome on Win 8)
so I do not get the absolute link you mentioned.

-Blake