Jeremy,
10x for fixing that. I was reading about how hljs works and I understood it
converts tabs to spaces.
Copying is not a problem for me, because I need it for displaying/browsing
and I know that I should go to edit mode to copy it if needed.
Thanks to Mario's suggestion and your fix I can enjoy I custom tab size
everywhere. I have my code displayed perfectly :D
All the best !