On Monday, November 17, 2014 7:46:21 AM UTC-8, Mat wrote:

> Wonderful Eric! I have a few questions:
>
> 1) I understand the campaign is for the first volume which is targeted at
> total newcomers, yes? Does this mean funding now will not contribute to
> further volumes? (I imagine that themajority of members to this group are
> not newcomers...)

The initial funding goal of $7500 will provide enough funds for
approximately 3 months of writing, which should be enough to create the
first volume -- the User's Guide -- targeted towards "newcomers" to
TiddlyWiki 5.  However, there is no upper limit on the funding, and if
funding exceeds the initial goal, then work will continue on subsequent
volumes (the Author's Guide, Developer's Guide, Migration Guide, etc.).  Of
course, if additional funding is needed for these other volumes, then a
separate Indiegogo campaign can be launched to target those efforts
specifically.

> 2) Even if indiegogo has a "Flexible Funding" model... what happens with
> the actual realization of the book if the goal is not reached?

The book will be initially published as a TiddlyWiki-based website, and the
printed version will be produced via print-on-demand services, so even if
the project is underfunded and cannot be fully realized, the content that
is created will still be available for public consumption.

> 3) As is obvious from the boards, there is no end to questions when it
> comes to TW. But books are somewhat static in nature. Do you have any
> thoughts on how to deal with this aspect?

By publishing online as a TiddlyWiki-based website and using
print-on-demand services for hardcopy, there is some flexibilty for
providing incremental updates to content.

-e