Hi Jeremy,

> At the moment the action widgets only work immediately inside a button
> widget. There are a few other widgets such as the link widget are also
> candidates to support action widgets.
>
> I agree that the ability to generate multiple action widgets with the list
> widget would be pretty useful, and I plan to support that by relaxing the
> requirement for the button widgets to be immediate children of the button.
> That change would also allow us to use the reveal widget to make action
> widgets conditional.
> <javascript:>

I second that, as I just tried...

<$list filter="[is[current]tag[task]!tag[archived]]">
    set task status:
    <$fieldmangler>
        <$set name="statuses" value="[[next]] [[wait]] [[future]] [[done]]
[[archived]]">
            <$list filter=<<statuses>>>
                <$button>
                    <$list filter="<<statuses>> - [all[current]]">
                        <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-remove-tag"
param="<<currentTiddler>>"/>
                    </$list>
                    <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-add-tag" param="<
<currentTiddler>>"/>
                    <<currentTiddler>>
                </$button>
            </$list>
        </$set>
    </$fieldmangler>
</$list>

See TaskTagger <http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Ftemplate%2FTaskTagger> and
it's not quite working example usage at TaskOverview
<http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Task%20Overview>.

Best wishes, Tobias.