Hi cmari

The explanation is in this ticket:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/190

The problem is that although dates and times are stored in UTC they are
displayed in the users local timezone. The sameday operator also works on
the local timezone.

Your workaround is sound but this should be fixed. I've created a new
ticket here:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/1096

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM, cmari <cema...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For a long time I've been mystified by the fact that I could never get
> correct results when I experimented with what's described in
> http://tiddlywiki.com/#FilterOperator%3A%20sameday
> where it says
> [sameday[20140410]] Returns a list of the tiddlers modified on the 10th
> April 2014.
>
> I am 8 hours behind UTC, and I assumed that had something to do with
> things.  But sameday doesn't seem to look for the UTC date that I can see
> in the modification field.
> If I try sameday with today's date (November 15th, or 20141115), for
> example, I get only tiddlers that were modified on the 14th (with a
> modified field of, e.g., 20141114160205254).
> On the other hand, if I give tomorrow's date (20141116), I do see today's
> tiddlers (even though they have a modification date of, e.g.,
> 20141115152548000).
>
> After lots of trial and error, I discovered that I can get the correct
> results (I think!) if I append a number to the date that is equal to or
> larger than the number of hours by which my time zone is behind UTC.
> To get tiddlers I modified today (the 15th of November), I can use
> [sameday[201411158]]
> (this works even for tiddlers modified at night, when the date in the
> modification field date has already changed to the next day).
>
> Because I don't understand this, I am unfortunately not able to offer any
> assistance with updating documentation, but I do think it's confusing and
> I'm hoping that someone else might be able to insert some clarification
> into the sameday documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> cmari
>
> --