Hi Jeremy,

> Try putting the following at the top of that tiddler:
>
> Current Tiddler: "<$text text=<<currentTiddler>>/>"
>
> You'll see that the current tiddler is blank when the tiddler is displayed
> as the topbar. That's the problem: you're requesting the list field of the
> current tiddler, and the current tiddler is blank when you're in the top
> bar.

That's highy confusing and quite a constraint compared to TWc.

Are you suggesting that the context is non-existing because we're not in
the story-river? Now, if that's the case, how could the widget that is
rendering a tiddler outside the story-river into some placeholder possibly
know what tiddler we're dealing with?

If I look at the *SiteTitle* in TWc, I see a *tiddler=SiteTitle*... Why
doesn't that exist in tw5 to provide a proper context when there's no
story-column for a tiddler to reside in? I can see how you would want to
some simple way to do an equivalent to *story.findContainingTiddler* (TWc),
rather than just get the tiddler context for some widget, but... if there
is no story, this context should be set by the widget to whatever the
context tiddler for it was when rendering.

Not?

Best wishes, Tobias.