This is mainly in response to this previous thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/TiddlyWiki/random|sort:date/tiddlywiki/4tyLh7pOQsg/BHc1Fs1TJ6oJ

I made some quick modifications to the action-setfield widget so that the
new widget will set the indicated field to a random number. It (mostly)
works for opening a random tiddler on a button press. The only problem is
how the set widget formats it output when tiddlers have spaces in the
title, so if the random tiddler has spaces in the title the example breaks.
I am sure there is some way to fix this, but I haven't worked it out yet.

This is the first time I have done anything with javascript so there may be
some problems I don't know about. This is also my first plugin and for some
reason importing the plugin doesn't always import all the tiddlers, I have
no idea why so if anyone can show me why I would appreciate it.

http://inmysocks.tiddlyspot.com/#RandVal%20Plugin

On github:

https://github.com/inmysocks/TW5-randVal