Hey Tobias

thank you very much for your reply
Unfortunately I still can't get it to work.
Tried putting the code above in dropdown_template tiddler as is
and then with various combinations (onchange/onclick, removing lines,
shooting blind really
as I don't know javascript) and it's not working.

I noticed at some point that Andtidwiki behaves better in this situation
when
a function is predefined; is putting code like this in system config
tiddler
as a function an option?

I'm trying to put together a simple expenses monitoring tw; being able to
use
it both on the pc and on the android tablet would be great
so any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

sklpns