On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:52:01 PM UTC-5, Stephen Kimmel wrote:

> I am especially interested in the "New User" experience and at the moment
> the specific question is what attracts people to Tiddlywiki in the first
> place. We were all new users once and while we may not be representative of
> the typical new user... I figure anyone who has even found this group is a
> fairly advanced computer user in general... our answers may offer some
> useful insights.
>
> So...
>
> 1. What were you looking for when you first found Tiddlywiki?

A model for a self-contained, editable document that work inside a web
browser, and can be stored/distributed as a file/message.

> 2. Was there anything about the program, the eco-system, whatever, that
> frustrated you nearly to the point of giving up on it?

As an end user: I'm a big fan of outliners.  The whole "tiddler" model just
doesn't work for me as an information management tool.

As a developer: I'd sure like to see a clean set of library routines that
can be turned into documents with different organization.

> 3. What made you stick with the program?
>

> Well, I really haven't.  I keep watching it, and playing with it, but
don't really use it.

Miles Fidelman