I use to use the {d} feature to allow me to timestamp as I was working.
It was very helpful to have this as an inline feature inside the Tiddler.

I would save the Tiddler and it would convert with the Date and Time for
the {d} feature.
That way I could keep track of time inside 1 TW as the day went on.
As an example I could date time stamp calls or whatever I needed too when I
used it.

So I would have a Tiddler Called [[2014-12-01]] - Tagged (#Journal)
Inside this tiddler would be
12-1-2014 10:34am Call from Bob #3 - I could also [[Bob #3]] if I wanted
12-1-2014 11:34am Went to Lunch
12-1-2014 2:34pm Emailed Client #1 - Ditto of Above [[Client #1]]
12-2-2014 1:30PM I forgot to put in the note that [[Client #2]] needed
[[XYZ]]
I would use {d} and save and reopen and fill notes in.
Also it helped as sometimes I would go back and put notes in later on this
Journal and I would {d} it, see note for the next day in the list above.
That way I knew I came back another day and put a note in this Journal for
that day instead of not knowing when I added it.

I had to stop using TW for my up to the minute notes but loved it while I
was using it.

I seem to remember there was another feature in (TW Classic via plug in)
that allowed for true time tracking.
You would hit Start and then later Stop and it would log the time, forget
where I got that, I am guess Eric, #heheh.
I used so many of Eric's plug in's it got crazy, I also used a lot of the
Monkey Pirate Stuff too.

Found the link to this thread at http://skeeve.tiddlyspot.com/ -
[[InstantTimestamp for PauldM]] - I couldn't PermaLink it.

I have been using Jeremy's buttons he describes in this thread and they are
awesome and very specific.
You can create a minute by minute Journal Tiddler now very cool for
multiple journal entries during the same day.