On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:27:50 AM UTC+1, Tobias Beer wrote:

> Of course,
> slowly it's trickling down on me...
> I added a note to step 1 here :)
>
> http://tb5.tiddlyspot.com/#Using%20%20A%20Custom%20Font

 - make sure its license allows you to use it for your purposes

I think this info is not enough. ... The term "to use it for your purpose"
is very vague.
"Using" a font, I understand, that I'm free to use a font and install it on
my PC. ...

So, embedding a Font into a TiddlyWiki and make the TW publicly available
on the internet is at least "embedding" and "redistributing" the font.
So you need to be sure, that you are allowed to "embed" and "redistribute"
the font! If you need to package to font in a special way, to be able to
use it, you may need to be allowed to "modify" a font.  and so on, and so
on ...

For this purpose the "SIL Open Font License (OFL)" [1][2][3] was developed
and many open source web fonts use this license but not all!
There are other licenses too, but I don't know them very well :)

quoted from OFL [2]

> PERMISSION & CONDITIONS
>
> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
> a copy of the Font Software, to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify,
> redistribute, and sell modified and unmodified copies of the Font
> Software, subject to the following conditions:
> .... <http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=OFL_web>

As you can see, this license is very open, similar to the TiddlyWiki BSD
[5] license.
You are even allowed to commercially use the font, which imo is important,
to be future proof.

So imo you should include some of the links below and add:

 - make sure you* know and understand *the license your fonts uses
 - make sure its license is OFL [2] or compatible

have fun!
mario

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIL_Open_Font_License
[2] http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=OFL_web