Hi all,

I want to do an experiment with dragging and dropping with screenreaders. The case here is tiddlywiki but also should affect other web sites/apps.

This is how screenreaders can do it:
1. you need to focus the element you want to pick up. for example a link. So i activate the function of the screenreader which moves the mouse to the object the virtual buffer has in focus which is basically a link to a tiddler. 2. i lock the left mouse key with another function of the screenreader. 3. then i change to the tab where the target tiddlywiki instance is running using ctrl+page down. 4. then i move the mouse to a place in tiddlywiki. basically just to the first tiddler that opens. just into the part where text is.
5. i unlock the left mouse button again.

That should be the method of dragging and dropping.
but it seems not to be that easy.
i wonder how sighted people drag and drop.
maybe there is something wrong with the browser, tiddlywiki or my way of doing things that it doesn't work.

greetings,
simon