Hi Daniel,

Thanks for that...

> One way is to make the wiki dir owned by the webserver user, and your
> username group.  Then it can be user and group readable and writable, which
> just allows the web server and you.

I would start with the assumption that the average TiddlyWiki being hosted
is on some form of shared hosting plan w/o root access ...and those who do
have root access or even try and run node.js do know what acess rights to
set, but maybe not.

It's especially tricky for beginners on shared hosting, where it's not
> always easy to find the user the web server is running as.  On the other
> hand, if you're the one who wrote apache into your init.d, you probably
> already know it's user :)

So, say the file settings for store.php are ok that way. What would the
minimum access rights for *UploadDir* and *BackupDir* look like? So far, I
never changed a thing. Is that a bad idea? Dunno.

I think it would be good to put this into the documentation to provide a
safe baseline.

Best wishes, Tobias.