I wanted to use this thread to explore ways of using TiddlyWiki as a
website, i.e. a website without editing and authoring controls, allowing
visitors to focus on content and presentation.

Albeit worthy of consideration and comparison, this thread is *not* about
using a static site — which pursues an entirely different approach, yet
requiring that node.js build process.

At the moment I am inclined to think that the best way to achieve a
website-view of a TiddlyWiki is to...

   1. create a read-only theme
      - discussing ways of improving the read-only theme on tiddlywiki.com
   2. easily switch between authoring and viewing mode
   - allowing (to create) a simple bookmark to access the right tab in the
      control-panel
      - access to the control-panel, of course, by default being hidden
      from visitors in read-only mode

This theme should not only change styles but also includes modified shadow
tiddlers of system tiddlers, i.e. ui components, so as to completely hide
toolbar buttons or tabs.

So the first step will be to test if that is even possible, to have the shadows
of a "theme plugin" overwrite a core shadow.

I'll be playing around here and post back on updates:

http://site5.tiddlyspot.com

First problem encountered... having drag & dropped the readonly theme and
then selecting it, doesn't seem to affect the display at all. It even looks
like it doesn't have any components. Could be that "themes" is one topic
that needs plenty documentation on TiddlyWiki.com... as to internals, as
well as installing them.

Best wishes, Tobias.