So Tobias you use a very useful tool that I can't find and I have a feeling
it is part of a plug in or macro I don't have

You will list the code this way
<<source $:/.tb/ui/ViewTemplate/tiddler-link>>

And that pulls back the code and puts it in a code block.
Unfortunately I don't have <<source>> defined and it does not do that for
me.
Is it a plug in or macro and is it be part of the core and I somehow
'tampered' with and disabled it.

As always your help is greatly appreciated and amazingly helpful.

Rich Shumaker