Hi Greg

TiddlyWiki under Node.js doesn't yet support authenticating multiple users,
although that functionality is planned.

A scenario that is currently supported which might be suitable is to run
your private personal, editable copy of the wiki under Node.js, and then
use the command line to publish snapshots via a static host (eg GitHub
pages or Amazon S3). The snapshots could be either a functional, standalone
TiddlyWiki HTML file, or you could publish as individual static HTML files
that don't use the TiddlyWiki JavaScript.

In terms of running on a PaaS, I don't have much experience myself but I
understand that at issue with hosting on Heroku is that it only features a
transient file system. TiddlyWiki under Node.js saves changes to the filing
system.

> What is the correct folder structure in this scenario?
> Do I put the tw5 repo in a sub-folder and create folders with
tiddlywiki.info for my wikis?
> Or do I just create folders for my wikis in the tw5 repo root?

It's best to keep the repo and your wiki folders separate.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Gregorio Luiz Gomez <greglgo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey again folks,
>
> I'm looking for some help in achieving a self-hosted TiddlyWiki solution,
> preferably with node.js:
>
>    - I want to be able to go to wiki.mydomain.com
>    - login/authenticate so I can edit tiddlers.
>       - no other visitor/user can edit.
>       - have those changes automatically saved.
>    - Locally, I'd also like to be able to manipulate what tiddlers show
>    up on wiki.mydomain.com.
>       - Say I keep a project specific wiki local until it goes live, I'd
>       like to be able to easily integrate those local tiddlers with the live
> ones.
>       - As far as I understand this can be achieved with the tiddlywiki
>       CLI, but I'm not clear on that yet.
>
> I've looked at hosting solutions like heroku and openshift, but the issue
> I have is I'm not sure what the correct approach is.. these platforms don't
> seem to use NPM so do I need the tw5 repo in the root of my app?
>
> What is the correct folder structure in this scenario?
> Do I put the tw5 repo in a sub-folder and create folders with
> tiddlywiki.info for my wikis?
> Or do I just create folders for my wikis in the tw5 repo root?
>
> And with the above in mind, how can I start a TiddlyWiki with "node
> tiddlywiki.js"? As most of these PaaS seem to require a "Procfile" with
> such a command.
>

> My apologies if these questions are obtuse, I'm still learning the Tiddly
> ways. ;)
>
> Things I've read on the subject:
> http://tiddlywiki.com/#Scripts%20for%20TiddlyWiki%20on%20Node.js
> https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/issues/340