Hello Jeremy and Mat,
thank you for your responses. Using MSIE I had the feeling that the system
behaves in a non-deterministic way. Copying the link (I have the correct
link) from Firefox a I was able to see the $:/Import tiddler all the times.
However, the plugin to import is called "Untitled". When I press the button
"Import", I get a tiddler Untitled with the link as contents:
$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/katex
<http://tiddlywiki.com/plugins/tiddlywiki/katex/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftiddlywiki%2Fkatex>.

However, when I look at $:/ControlPanel, I do not see Katex in Plugins (I
have even tried to "import" the plugin to the tiddly html homepage,
where the action (though unsaved) resulted in having Katex in the list of
Plugins in ControlPanel.
Moreover, when I click on the link (in the newly created "tiddler"
Unknown), I suddenly have Katex Demo instead of my html page opened by
nw.exe (the TiddlyDesktop application). And from here there is no way back,
unless I close Katex Demo and open my own html page again (but still
without working Katex in it).
Please do you have an idea what the step is that I am making wrong? Can't
it be due to the fact that I open html by nw.exe?

Thanks a lot again,
Luisa