Do filters get executed in order? I hadn't encountered or noticed it
before, but rearranging the filter breaks the output,
[indexes[][$:/data/Acronyms]regexp:title[(?i)$(thisSearch)$]] doesn't work.
I had assumed that each operation was done independently and then the
intersection of the resulting sets (or union for ORing filters) was given
as the output.
In most cases this wouldn't have any effect, but it seems to be the case
here.

Is that what is happening? If so that may have been why nothing I was
trying was working out. It makes sense but either it isn't mentioned in the
documentation or I am missing it.