> I'm not so sure. There would likely be compatibility problems with plugins
> that depend on jQuery and I think now most TWC plugins are no longer being
> actively maintained.

Don't know about jquery and backwards compatibility but I would expect them
to be rather good at managing that. Also, for any TWc plugins based on
jQuery to remain viable... I wouldn't conclude that they don't get updated
anymore ...unless perhaps that requires major rewrites.

Perhaps a future version of TWc will allow a simple upgrade of the internal
jQuery library, if one needs / desires it to be updated. Of course, there's
always the possibility to modify the source... after each upgrade.

Best wishes, Tobias.