On Monday, December 15, 2014 7:26:10 AM UTC-8, Tobias Beer wrote:

> Where and how TiddlyDesktop stores its configuration, I don't know and
> it's not explained anywhere. I think it should actually store it inside its
> folder.

TiddlyDesktop uses the sandboxed HTML5 "localStorage" mechanism to
save/load JSON-formatted string data.  See saveWikiList() and
loadWikiList() functions here:

 https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/blob/master/source/js/main.js#L340

The variable, "wikiList", is an array of objects, each of which has the
following properties:
// url: full file:// URI of the wiki
// title: last recorded title string for the wiki
// img: URI of thumbnail (usually a data URI)
// isOpen: true if these wiki is currently open
(see
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyDesktop/blob/master/source/js/main.js#L10)

Although I doubt it exists, a commandline interface to have TiddlyDesktop
> start with different configs might also be nice.

It should be possible to add a CLI parameter to specify the name of the
localStorage property to use for storing the wikiList (e.g., instead of
using "localStorage.wikiList", we would use something like
"localStorage[wikiListParamValue]")

My proposal was more in terms of a solution within TiddlyDesktop. One that
> allows you to configure and filter by different ...well, I called them
> tags. This would also allow you more easily to move a wiki's from one list
> (tag) to another... or see them all at once... which would probably not be
> so easily one accross independent instances of TiddlyDesktop.

TiddlyDesktop would need to keep a separate localStorage.wikiListNames
array, with the names of all the different wikiLists that have been
defined.  Then, additional UI would be needed to allow the user to select
two different wikiLists and then be able to select specific wikis to move
them between the two lists.

-e