Hi Matt

I'm exploring the idea of using TiddlyWiki as a multi user editable
> dashboard (3 or 4 users) to the myriad of internal web resources in our
> organization; basically we're after a Speed Dial like interface.
>
> There are number of servers running all kinds of technology stacks -- IIS,
> Apache, Tomcat, Sharepoint,... -- no one of which makes sense to designate
> The One And Only Launch Page. (why? because not everyone has edit access to
> each of these, or is knowledgeable about how to edit them.) I read that
> Tiddly is equally happy in the filesystem as well as served, which makes me
> think it might be ideal for this kind of use.
>
> So that's the context. Now the Q's:
>
> - If accessed via the filesystem (Windows Explorer), is it even possible
> to consider multi-user edit? Does TW have a concept of "file is locked, in
> use by {name}"?

Sadly, no. We don't have the necessary atomic read-modify-write file
operations.

- Assuming No to above, what's the lightest weight method to host on
> Windows Server, that has IIS turned on?

Can you install Node.js and run that under IIS? I don't know much about IIS
I'm afraid.

Another option, if you're handy with aspx, might be to emulate the PHP
server script that is compatible with TiddlyWiki:

http://tiddlywiki.com/#Saving%20on%20a%20PHP%20Server

Best wishes

Jeremy.

- the previous are solved, any Speed Dial like templates I can build from?

> Thanks and cheers,
>
> -matt
>

>  --

Jeremy Ruston