Does normal transclusion not work in that case? As long as the fields have
the values stored in them (as opposed to a reference to the value) than
just d1={{!!foo}} should assign the value in the field foo to d1 in the
macrocall. I keep running into things like this myself and I am wrong every
time I try to do something like this, so I may be wrong here too.