On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:54:40 AM UTC-6, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> A multi-column view for the story river is something I'm interested in
> adding.

That would be good. On wide/HD displays especially the two column approach
currently in place wastes a lot of real estate.

I can think of the following cases for having a more "grid-like" approach
to TW:

1. *n *columns all for the story river, a la Tumblr or Pinterest.
2. Being able to "pin" certain things to certain columns. For example, it
would be nice to have three columns (or more) with the following abilities:
a. The ability to have any one of them be the current title/control
panel/TOC/utility column.
b. The ability to have any one of them be a set of "pinned" tiddlers that
you always want open and displayed by default. This could be done via a
filter or else even a new drop down action of "pin to this column" (which
then means needing a way to open a specific tiddler in a specific column in
the first place).
c. The ability to have any one of them be the story river.

I think a and b would end up being basically the left and right hand
columns with the story river in the center, but architecturally I can't
think of why it would need to be limited that way.

However, here it may be possible to approach it differently: one could
> imagine a split-screen arrangement like the current preview pane. One side
> for the notes, one side for the questions. The questions would be stored in
> a field.

Yeah, I thought about that, too.