Hi Andrew

I'd also love to have a "copy to clipboard" button. The HTML5 Clipboard API
is proceeding very slowly, with very patchy browser support. There's no
implementation of copy to clipboard that I know of.

Right now the best prospect for an implementation is within TiddlyDesktop,
where we can rise above browser limitations.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 7:05 AM, andrew harrison <
andrew.j.harriso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Everyone else online is using ZeroClipboard because of security restraints
> but that is a hack in itself and I expect will stop working eventually. In
> addition, it only works online.
> The W3C is going to be implementing the Clipboard API for HTML 5 (
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/clipops/clipops.html) but it still doesn't
> seem to work yet. I can't find any working examples online.
> The following code is what I have been using in TWC but it only seems to
> work in Internet Explorer but not in Tiddlywiki 5 because Javascript is
> stripped. I could spend time writing a widget for just IE but is it worth
> it?
> Can anyone tell me what direction I should go? The alternative is
> painstakingly selecting text and hitting Ctrl + C or right click to copy,
> or in the case of touch screen by long pressing and messing with those
> selector arrows. 3 or more steps vs 1 step. I am trying to aim for
> something that copies to clipboard online, offline, server side, client
> side, mouse, touch screen, and browser independent. Is that to much to wish
> for?

> var holdtext = document.createElement('TEXTAREA');
> holdtext.innerText='This only seems to work in Internet Explorer';
> Copied=holdtext.createTextRange();
> Copied.execCommand('Copy');
> return false;">Copy</a>
>
>  --