Tobias,

It's an interesting development .... how  many other tool are there for
annotating YouTube videos like this?

here's one : http://www.videonot.es/

but I can see new users adopting TW because of vid annotation,  a special
edition TW Vid Notes combined with TW Scholar, and we have a powerful
collection of tools

best wishes

Alex