Hello Jeremy,

Terrific! Glad to see that TiddlyDesktop is not dead.

! New Features

> * Warning message when closing windows with unsaved changes (TWC and TW
> 5.1.8 and above only)

Very necesary

> * Help window

Will check it

> * Automatic backups

How are those backups performed?
What about  spell check?

> ! New Architecture
>
> TiddlyDesktop itself is now an instance of the Node.js edition of
> TiddlyWiki. TiddlyWiki HTML files are run within embedded, sandboxed
> iframes with the "backstage" TiddlyWiki providing services such as saving
> to the file system.

Does this means that we can write a sync adaptor to the local file-system?
Or even better, does the current one works?

> The advantage of this approach is that the user interface and
> functionality of the desktop application can now be customised and extended
> with exactly the same techniques that are used in regular TiddlyWiki.

I don't understand this at all. What limitations has the previous version
of TDesktop?

> !! Coming Soon
>
> Can't wait!!!

> * configurable toolbars

Very very useful

> * hyperbookmarklets

What??

> * creating new wikis from standard editions and custom templates

Please, prioritize this. Currently it is very uncomfortable to start with a
new empty TW, and even more difficult to start with your usual list of
plugins. This will make TW to play a similar league than word or any other
document editor, but better.

> * dragging `_canonical_uri` links from the file system

This will make a lot of people happy.

> * one-click copying of text to the clipboard from within TiddlyWiki

Useful and powerful

> * global keyboard shortcut for clipping content

Could you tell me an example?

> In doing this work on TiddlyDesktop over the last three weeks I've found
> the answer to the question of its purpose: it is to provide a hosting
> environment for TiddlyWiki documents that is as fertile to customisation,
> extension and sharing as TiddlyWiki itself. Given the funding, I'd love for
> this to preface the development of a smartphone/tablet app with similar
> functionality. Is that something people would be interested in?
>
> Please do that!! I will use it at every place. Currently I use firefox for
android, but I would prefer a dedicated, more powerful app. The best
approach will be to have an application for TW and the possibility to turn
every TW file into an application.

Thank you Jeremy for this!! Woho!