This is default reagular behavior I think.
I believe you were expecting to see your original tiddlywiki file
automatically updated in place, but that's not how it works, instead a new
tiddlywiki file is generated with the updated version you can then proceed
to save.
You can overwrite the original file for the intended behavior of replacing
the old one, but ideally save it with a new name, so that if for some
reason the update process goes wrong you don't risk loosing any
information, or worse end up with an unbootable tiddlywki file.