The new book button simply brings up a tiddler template with predefined
tags and fields to allow easy entry of a new book to add to my reading list.
The widget you mention is one I have not explored.  There is lots to learn
here...next I need to review TB's last response below ....sounds like a
better way to do things but I have to understand first! :)