I've done some more work on the railroad plugin.

You can now store a diagram's notation in a dedicated tiddler of type
*text/vnd.tiddlywiki.railroad*, and simply transclude that tiddler to
wherever you want the diagram to show up. The explicit *<$railroad>* widget
is still supported, of course, and won't ever be removed.

I've added widget attributes for controlling the style of the diagram's
start and end points – the double vertical line looked too bulky. The
default is now a single line. These options can also be specified via
pragmas such as *\arrow yes*, *\start double* and *\end none* in the
diagram notation itself.

Demo: http://ae-railroad.tiddlyspot.com/

– æ