Not entirely sure, but I believe most if not all WebGL applications
nowadays rely on three.js, even the one I posted with the fish.
That one was made using Blend4Web <https://www.blend4web.com/en/> a free
plugin for Blender, and it is pretty static in nature, has not
"intelligence", interactivity or data input of any kind, but if anyone
willing and with the necessary programing skills were so inclined, I am
sure that given enough time he could make 3D interactive models with
Blender that could read data from tiddlywiki and modify or somehow adapt to
reflect that data. Blend4Web has a programming API that can do just that.

WebGL is a pretty neat tool, but I think it should be used wisely and only
when needed or advantageous, not forced down on the user's throat as a
useless gimmic just because it looks cool.
Here is another example I made for fun a while back
http://www.duarteramos.pt/gallery/webgl/janelamanuelina_en.html